Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day always make me look back at my childhood. I had a tumultous relationship with my dad, I touched a little upon this in my Cinco de Mayo entry. I honestly shouldn't complain, it could have been worse. I am glad he did "hang around". It seems like it's become more and more easier to skip town, than to stick by, raise your children and maintain your family. Unfortunately, I have come across too many stories of dead beat dads. I ask myself, why do dads who raise thier children get a trophy?, moms do it all the time, and no one is praising them! But I wanna take the high road and reward positive behavior.

To all the dads that "hang in there" when it's probably so much easier to take off, I appauld and praise you. And to all those moms who are the only father thier children know, I appauld you too.

Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment