Sunday, August 30, 2009

Practice makes perfect....sometimes

I'm in the midst of a very stressful time in my life, aren't we all. I wanna say it's hectic but that's a tad bit mild. Relocating and everything that goes with it is overwhelming. Not to mention other things that are brewing in my life. Yes, when it rains, it surely does pour. I'm constantly waking up in the middle of the night figuring out, how am I gonna do this? Where will I find the strength? BUT I've also noticed that I've been lax on my meditative practices and my learning of living in the now. I'm a big Eckhart Tolle fan. He taught me to enjoy this very moment, because incredibly that's all we have. I have read both The Power of Now and A New Earth and can tell you that they transformed my life. By nature I'm a worrier, it's one of the characteristics my mom passed along to me (along with her great cheekbones) Is it productive? No! Do I insist doing it? Yes!

Well, I've decided to rediscover my "now" practices. I'm back to reading my Power of Now and listening to my Oprah and Eckhart podcasts regularly.

I'm a work in progress, the quest to improve continues.......

-- I heart blogging from my iPhone!

No comments:

Post a Comment